Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Frost with a Twist - Noel


This is the last of my Christmas in July cards with Chapel Road stamps. I've loved coming up with different ideas each week, and this week I've gone clean and simple.

The background is a really cool technique from Technique Junkies and it's called Frost with a Twist. I've never tried this one before, and I love the effect. It gives this card a great visual texture while still being a mail-able card.

I stamped the long holly garland from the Holly Plate (Chapel Road) at the top of the white cardstock and then I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink all over. The ornaments are 3/4" circles punched from some Christmas paper, and then I adhered some page pebbles to each circle. Some gold cord was tied into bows and adhered to the top of each ornament and then I drew lines from the holly garland to each ornament with a glitter pen. The sentiment is some letter stickers from Authentique.

Have you enjoyed all my Christmas cards this month? Which one was your favorite? :-)

Stamps: Holly Plate from Chapel Road
Ink: Moss, Artichoke, Antique Linen distress
CS: White, glossy white, Chocolate Chip, Wassail dp (Basic Grey)
Other: sponge, gold cord, page pebbles, 3/4" circle punch, glitter pen, letter stickers from Authentique
TJ Technique: Frost with a Twist

No comments: