Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Antique Glimmers - Noel


There is a new challenge on the I Brake for Challenges blog, and today is all about Christmas. I love making Christmas cards, and this one was a joy to make.

I tried the Antique Glimmers technique from Technique Junkies for the first time, and I love the results. What you don't see in this picture is the gorgeous gold shimmer from this technique. I tried to photograph it, but because of all the red in the background, none of the pictures came out right. You're more than welcome to come on over here to see it in person - trust me, it's gorgeous and shimmery. :-)

This beautiful Christmas collage is the Joyeux Noel Amaryllis stamp from I Brake for Stamps. The sentiment is paper pieced, and I added some black pearls to the gold cardstock scallops.

I think I will make some more cards like this, perhaps in different colors, and if I leave the black pearls off, it would be the perfect mail-able Christmas card. I love making flat cards so I can easily mail them out. What colors do you think I should use for this card?

Be sure to check out the I Brake for Challenges blog to see what the other gals created. We'd love to have you play along with us!


Stamps: Joyeux Noel Amaryllis stamp from I Brake for Stamps (use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Aged Mahogany distress, Fired Brick distress
CS: Red Riding Hood, White, Black, Gold
Other: black pearls, Scallop Diamond Edge punch (EK Success), Gold Glimmer Mist, sponge
TJ Techniques: Antique Glimmers, Paper Piecing

No comments: