Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

CBCC #29 - Inspired by Nature







This week's CBCC challenge is to let yourself be inspired by nature. Courtney challenged all of us to use this beautiful butterfly on our "nature" projects. You can find this butterfly as a digital image over at Sweet N Sassy Stamps. The great thing about digital images is that you can simply pay for them at the website, download them, open them up in your own software, resize them if you prefer, and print directly on your own cardstock as many times as you want. No waiting for stamps to arrive in the mail, no inky fingers, no dirty stamps to clean up! Gotta love that!

I loved this butterfly so much, I had to try it in all kinds of different colors. I used the same layout, but I changed the color of my butterfly depending on what colors were in the background designer papers. The butterflies were colored with Copic markers. This was so much fun.

The sentiment for all of these cards is a stamp I bought at Stamp Salado, made by Joyce A. Meyer at www.jamnstamps.com. (BTW - I just tried this website, and it appears to be out of business.) I love sweet little sentiments like this. I can just write a little note to a good friend and pop it in the mail. Mailing these cards is exactly what I had in mind when I created them, thus the lack of bulky embellishments. I wanted something nice and flat so they won't get ripped open in the US Postal mail service. :-)

Would you like to see more "inspired by nature" cards? Here is what the rest of the Challenge Chicks have created:

Courtney Fowler
Maria Fiscella
Danielle Marcus
Sparkle Smith
Maria Gurnsey
Kim Gruetzmacher
Risa Malieta West

We'd love to see your own "inspired by nature" cards! :-) If you upload to SCS or PCP, please use keyword CBCC29.

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is so pretty! I love that paper.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Holly! You really were inspired!!! All of the cards are beautiful:)

Risa said...

Oh wow....ALL of your cards are gorgeous Holly! The butterfly rocks and the DP...so yummy!
hugs
Risa:)

Kim said...

Holly your butterfly cards are amazing hun! Beautiful work!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Christi Flores said...

All of your butterfly cards are beautiful!!!

Dani said...

Well, look at you! You little over achiever you! Wonderful cards, all of them! :)

Anonymous said...

They are all great but the first one is my fave!! I love the bold colors :)

Chrissy D said...

Holy Moly Lady! YOu were SO BUSY with these...Each card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love them each! WOWZERS!