Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Get Well Flowers for Gramma



I created this to give my gramma tonight. She had major heart surgery, and I wanted to give her something pretty and soothing.

This is my first chance at using the new Carousel Notes from the Occasions mini. I had no idea they would be this much fun to play with!

I sprayed the scallop note (Soft Sky) with Frosty Nights Glimmer Mist to get that cool speckled and shimmery look. The pot of flowers is from the Bloomin' Beautiful set in the Occasions mini, and I stamped it with Stone Gray stazon ink onto Shimmery White paper. The flowers are watercolored with an aquapainter and reinkers - Soft Sky and Blue Bayou. I also used Celery (leaves) and Sahara Sand (pot) reinkers, and a Summer Sun marker (tiny dots inside flowers). To complete the shading, I used my Cool Gray Copic marker around the edges of the pot and flowers. If you click on the picture, you should be able to see a larger version of this card, and you can see more detail.

Looking through my Prima flowers, I found one that was that off shade of blue, and very similar to Blue Bayou, so I glued down a "Forget me Not" pale blue Dew Drop inside the flower. Then I glued the flower on top of the White Taffeta ribbon bow. I also glued some more of the same pale blue Dew Drops around the scallopy edges.

These Carousel Notes are too much fun! You can let your creativity go wild when you play with these. I'm so glad they come with envelopes so I don't have to go looking for one that is just the right size.

Now I need to write a little note to Gramma, and drive out to see her. Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Beautiful job Holly. I know she is going to love it. Hope Gramma is doing better now.
Angel Hugs
Debby