Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stained Glass Butterfly



I got this butterfly in the mail today, and thought I'd try some stamping to get my mind off my pain (oral surgery).

I used a special embossing powder called Lapis Lazuli, and it has flecks of blue, copper, and either bronze or silver? in it. It's a very cool looking EP. I used it for the stained glass, the butterfly image, and the "smile" sentiment.

After embossing the stained glass image, I picked out some blue and some copper colors of H2O's. Here are the colors I used: Sapphire on Ice, True Blue, Blue Flame, Bronze Medallion, and Copper Penny. I used the same colors to color in the butterfly and flower.

All images are from Cornish Heritage Farms :

--Stained Glass backgrounder
--Stamp of the Month - January 2008
--Scripty Words

Other items I used - ticket corner punch and some coppery/blue-ish sheer ribbon. This ribbon was a complete surprise. It's so fun when the ribbon just happens to match exactly with what you just finished creating!

3 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Holly! This is Soooo pretty. I am loving that BG the more I see you do with it - the more I want it! LOL Thanks for sharing more of your beautiful artwork.

Joan Ervin said...

Wow, Holy this is gorgeous!! What fabulous stamps and that embossing...OMG!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Kim Mraz said...

wow...VERY cool card!!