Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

TK Serenity Garden



When I was playing with the Crackle Effects last week, I found out that you do NOT want to cover up an image that was stamped with Ranger Distress Inks. The crackle medium just dissolves the ink! Ack! I had already stamped several different images with distress inks, and I watched one of them go in the trash after being eaten up. LOL What to do with the extra images? I got to work this afternoon and came up with this.

I love the simple elegance of this card. I'm just not a foo-foo person; I can't clutter up a card with all kinds of stuff. I went for an understated little piercing in the chocolate chip strip in the middle, and some sponging all around the edges of all the layers. The "serenity" is heat embossed with Vanilla EP, and the raspberry colored papers came from a pack I bought at Hobby Lobby long long ago.

The focal image is from a Thomas Kinkade stamp (found at Cornish Heritage Farms) called The Garden of Prayer Vignette. Since it was already stamped with Walnut ink, I used the same Walnut ink in the sponging all over the card. The sentiment is from Hero Arts - Autumn Word Borders.

I don't know about you but I'm ready to enjoy the weekend! Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Very Very Pretty Holly!

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful! And, yea for you winning the blog candy! : )

Joan Ervin said...

Wow, Holly, this is such a gorgeous card...love the rich colors and the beautiful image centered in the scalloped oval...fabulous!!!