Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Crackle Hugs



Are you enjoying your weekend?  I'm sharing this fun experiment I've been working on all week.  I pulled out my new Pinwheels stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and taped it down over some watercolor paper.  I then applied some crackle paste over the stencil and let it dry overnight.  The next day, I sprayed some colors that my mom gave me for Christmas (Wplus9 Pure Color sprays) and set it aside to dry.  The colors I used are Sweet Gelato, Lake House, and Bloomsberry.

After the piece was dry, I wanted to emphasize the lines between the crackled areas.  I poured some of the blue Lake House spray out onto a palette and used a paintbrush to apply this blue color to the "grout lines."  This really helped to set off the crackled areas.  Those crackles are just so fun!  Here is a close up look at those crackles:


I had no idea how this project was going to turn out.  It's all part of the fun of experimentation.  I love how this looks and I can't wait to try it again with another Colorful Life Designs stencil.  Hmmmm which one should I use??  

If you're looking for some great stencils, check out the selection over at A Colorful Life Designs.  Use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your order.  Have fun!

No comments: