Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine Hearts in Watercolor



Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!  I'm sharing this Valentine card with all of you today.  This sweet double heart stamp and the sentiment are from Art Neko's A405 Valentine and Love Stamps sheet.  I watercolored them with Daniel Smith's Pyrrol Red paint.  Yup, I just used the one color of paint.  The variation in color is achieved by adding more or less water to the paint.  Once the piece was dry, I filled in the alternating stripes in the corners with a black Sharpie marker.  I also added some white buttons tied with baker's twine before I affixed the sentiment.

I cut out a piece of white cardstock and put it through an embossing folder that had some vertical stripes.  Since I angled my paper for the diagonal stripes, I had to run the paper through twice to emboss more stripes on the other half of the paper.  After I matted this with a piece of black cardstock, I glued this down to a red card base.  I cut out my watercolored hearts and adhered them to my white embossed panel.

I had fun experimenting with just one color of watercolor paint on this card.  Come on back next week for another fun experiment with watercoloring!  Have a wonderful Valentine's Day today!

2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely watercolouring Holly. I like that you used only one colour to achieve the beautiful pink tones too. Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.

Bev Gerard said...

What a too-cool valentine, Holly~ Sorry I'm "late" but glad to have seen it late or not!