Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Little Chickadee on Woodgrain



Isn't that little chickadee the cutest thing?  I couldn't resist coloring him up when I got this stamp from Art Neko.  This little ATC Chicadee in a Pine Tree is from the State Birds and Flowers Set 6 stamp plate.  I stamped this with SU Archival Black ink onto some white cardstock and let it dry.  The sky areas were sponged with Soft Sky ink before I set about watercoloring the bird and tree.  

I pulled out my Zig Clean Color markers and I love how the tiny little brushes can color such small areas.  The pine needles were flicked with two different colors of green and I left those alone.  The branch was watercolored as well as the bird.  This means that I laid down a little bit of color from the markers and then went over it with a wet brush and pulled the color out.  I didn't want to lose the "needle" look of my green flicks, so that's why I didn't go over those with a wet brush.

The background was pressed through a woodgrain embossing folder and then sponged with some brown ink to make the raised areas stand out.  I wrapped some linen thread around the bottom and then I attached the chickadee piece with some foam tape.

Check out all the State Birds and Flowers in this set HERE.  Isn't that great?  You can also look for your own state in the search box and buy your own State Bird and Flower stamp separately.  :-)


1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a stunning card. It is coloured so perfect. Great background too.