Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Share the Joy Challenge #1


Hi everybody!  There is a new challenge blog in town called Share the Joy, and I just had to play along with their very first challenge.  They offered a sketch challenge and a color challenge, and you could do either one or both.  I decided to try doing both, and I came up with this card.

I pulled out my Taylored Expressions die set called Bloom Where You're Planted, and I cut out some yellow flowers, some yellow flower centers, and some lime green leaves.  I then pressed the small circles (the flower centers) into a yellow ink pad to make them a shade darker and then I adhered them to the centers of the flowers.  

I found a chevron stencil and sponged some soft gray ink through the stencil onto some white cardstock.  This was glued down to a gray card base.  I added a small gray banner to the edge of the panel with the flowers and the die cut "hello" to the side of that.  I then wrapped some baker's twine around the top of the card.  

I love this color combo!  I never would have come up with these colors on my own, so it was fun to break out of my box and do something new and different.  Go check out the challenge over at Share the Joy and play along!  



4 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, this is beautiful, Holly...love all the yellow blooms and how cool is that stenciled background...love it!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. The layout is terrific.

Chrissy D said...

Sooo pretty, my friend! Love how you used the colors and did the layout too! This is sure to bring a smile to a friend! Love you, girl!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWWOWOWOWOW!!This is just BEAUTIFUL!! =)I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Flower Images and the way you used the colors!! GREAT take on the Sketch!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)