Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Spring cards with Chrissy - part 1


Remember the Christmas card swap I've been doing with my friend Chrissy?  We decided to throw in some Spring cards with our last set, so I have 3 sets of Spring cards to share with you this week.  This butterfly tag card is the first card set I created.

I started by sponging some Abandoned Coral distress ink over a grid stencil.  I then sprayed some white cardstock with distress spray stains (pink, purple, orange, yellow).  Once this was dry, I stamped the butterfly tag stamp from Penny Black and cut it out.  It needed a little extra something, so I smeared some Tropical Tangerine Stickles all over the tags.  That was so much fun!  I tied some ribbon through the tag hole and added a die cut "hello" to the card.

Does this card scream spring to you?  I kept the colors on the pastel side and the addition of the glittery Stickles brings a big smile to my face.  Can you tell I love glitter??  LOL!

I'll share the other two Spring cards sets with you this week, so check back to see some colorful cards.  I hope you have a wonderful week!


No comments: