Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Flirty Birthday Cake




Do you know anyone who has a birthday coming up? This card would be perfect, don't you think?

I pulled out the Vintage Bliss 6x6 paper pad and pulled out some fun papers for my cake layers. I cut out each layer of the Petite Cake die from a different sheet of paper. I then cut out the Scalloped Cake Stand from a natural white cardstock. I only needed the largest cake stand, so I set the two smaller ones aside.

An oval was cut from Kraft cardstock and then I used the natural white cardstock to cut a matching scallop oval from the Classic Scalloped Ovals Large set. I assembled the cake stand and the cake layers on the kraft oval. The small and medium cake layers were popped up with Joy Foam Pads.

I used the cake layers as inspiration to create my background, so I cut the same papers from the Vintage Bliss paper pad. I adhered the background papers to a sheet of natural white cardstock and then adhered that to a Kraft card base. The ovals with the cake was adhered with Joy Foam Pads in the center of the card. I then cut out the Happy and the Birthday dies(Cheery Lynn Designs) from Kraft cardstock and adhered them above and below the birthday cake.

You can use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your entire order when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Check out all the fabulous dies, papers, stamps, and tools in the store.  New stuff is added all the time, so keep on checking out the "NEW" section.  

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Whoopsi Daisy #17 - 2 or more die cuts
Art Impressions #129 - Let's Get Krafty
The Stamping Boutique #5 - Use a punch or a die cut


5 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute. I like how the cake matches your background DP.

Love crafts forever said...

Holly your card is gorgeous.
Thanks for join us at Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week.
DT Nataliya

Melissa Czapor said...

LOVE THE COLORS!!! Your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique!! Hope you join us again soon!

Karen Day said...

Great use of die cuts, Holly! Thanks for joining our Krafty challenge at Art Impressions this week!

bumblebee creations said...

great card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Squigglefly!