Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Sparkly Winter Wishes



Hi again!  I'm back with a sparkly winter wonderland card that I created for Cheery Lynn Designs' Sparkle and Shine challenge this week.  I had originally thought to keep this all monochromatic (in white), but I needed a few little pops of color to help define the different die cuts.

I started with a white square and sponged some blue ink around the edges.  I then sprayed the entire piece with adhesive and covered it with Ranger's Clear Rock Candy dry glitter.  Love that subtle sparkle and shine in the background!  It reminds me of a snowy/icy winter sky.

I then cut out the Birch Tree with Cute Critters (Cheery Lynn Designs) and lightly sponged the edges of the tree branches with brown ink.  I also sponged some ink on the owl and the squirrel and set them aside.  I glued the tree down onto my glittered background.

Next, I used the Simple Whitewash technique from the 8/09 issue of Technique Junkies on a piece of Kraft cardstock, and after it dried, I used it to cut out the Victorian Picket Fence (Cheery Lynn Designs).  I then glued down the fence to my glittered background.

Next, I pulled out the Christmas Lights Swag die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and cut out the "strings" from brown cardstock and the lightbulbs from white cardstock.  I covered the white lightbulbs with Star Dust Stickles (my fave!) and set them aside to dry.  Meanwhile, I glued down the "strings" on the whitewashed fence.  I also adhered the owl to a tree branch and the squirrel on the top of the fence.

Once the lightbulbs were dry, I adhered them below each of the "sockets."  There was just enough room at the bottom to affix the bunny  as well as a small sentiment.  I glued this glittery scene to brown cardstock and then glued that to a blue card base.

You can purchase these dies at Classy Cards 'n Such along with lots of other great papercrafting supplies.  To save even more money, please use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% when you order at Classy Cards 'n Such.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #111 - Sparkle and Shine
Craftitute #55 - Anything Goes/Christmas Sparkle
Great Impressions - Glitter and/or Sequins
All That Stickles - Winter/Holiday project with Stickles
Moving along with the Times - Walking in a Winter Wonderland

11 comments:

Kitt said...

What a wonderful winter scene. Love the squirrel too. Well Done. Thanks for sharing with us at Craftitude Challenges. Good Luck.

Juliana said...

This is beautiful, Holly!!

Karen said...

Holly, I adore the scenic card you've created with the bits of sparkly on it! I love the hanging lights on the fence and where you've placed the critters! This is such a fabulous card! Thanks for joining in on this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! -Karen

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Holly, this is a really beautiful card. It's so sparkly! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Claire MAWTT DT

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow so much time went into this card. I love the soft colour scheme, and your shimmery background is awesome. Love the little critters.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. That background is super behind your cute die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

Irina Gerschuk said...

Wonderful project!! So cozy and sweet)))
Thank you for playing with us at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge!
And good luck)))
xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful creation! Love all the sparkle. I think this is just about perfect. Thanks for joining us at Craftitude.

shulsart said...

Holly, this is beautiful, just the right amount of color and love that sparkly sky. Great use of your dies! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Love the shabby elegance of this card and all the details, especially the squirrel and the owl.

Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

What a classy card, thanks so much for joining us at Craftitude, good luck!!
Hugs Donna DT xx