Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Lacy Heart Smile


Hi folks!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We had a wonderful time with our family.  Ahhhhhh.  It's hard to believe this year is almost over - it sort of feels like it just got started!  LOL

I was checking out the challenge over on the Cheery Lynn Designs blog, and this week is all about Lace (real or faux).  I was in the mood to make a fun and cute card today, and I just pulled out some things and played around. This is what I came up with.



I started with a kraft card base, 11" x 4.25", and folded the 11" in half to make a regular A2 sized card, 5.5" x 4.25". I stamped the fun sentiment from Anytime Sentiments (Impression Obsession) near the top of the card with some black ink. Next, I cut out a white doily from the French Pastry Doily Die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and then cut it in half. I adhered one half of the doily to the middle of my card.

I pulled out the Doodlebug Sweet Cakes 6x6 paper pad and found a sweet pink gridded paper, cut out a lacy border from the Anastasia border die (Cheery Lynn Designs), and adhered that to the top of the white doily. I like this combination of the two lacy-looking die cuts together.  

With the Sweet Cakes papers already out on my table, I picked five different patterns and die cut Classic Scallop Hearts (Spellbinders) from each of them and then glued them down on the card in a random fashion. The last thing I did was wrap some Doodle Twine Sweet Cakes Valentine Assortment bakers twine around the card between the sentiment and the pink border.

This card can be a Valentine's card, an anniversary card, a general "I Love You" card, or a "Just Because" type of card. The whimsical font of the sentiment is what inspired me to make this fun and colorful card. I hope you are inspired to create something fun this week! :-)  If you are in the mood to go shopping, you can save 10% off your order at Classy Cards 'n Such by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out.








3 comments:

Sandie said...

Lovely use of dies! Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week.

Leslie Miller said...

How lovely to see all these pretty candy colors and lace and hearts! Those dies are amazing. I would swear they're real doilies. But they're much better! Happy new year, Holly!

xxxtglxxx said...

Really pretty arrangement of dies - it looks brilliant! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs this week! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx