Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Katie in Honey

Hi again!  I've been playing with my Sarah Kay stamps, and I'm sharing the first card I've colored with the brand new Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers.
  




The entire image was colored with the new distress ink markers.  I loved playing with these markers - it was so fun and easy to color this image.  I stamped Katie with black Stazon ink onto watercolor paper and let that dry completely.  Then I added a little bit of color with a marker to the dress and used a water brush to drag the ink out to the rest of the dress.  These distress ink markers work beautifully with a water brush!  

After my coloring was completely dry, I used the Wisped Frames technique from Technique Junkies on the image.  It's hard to see since I used such a pale pale pale color (Antique Linen distress ink), but it's there.  :-)

I've used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such on this card:

Katie (Stampavie)

I was thrilled at how my first try with the distress ink markers turned out.  The brush tip is so nice and fine.  I was able to color the tiny bird and those tiny roses with no problem.  The other side of the markers has a fine writing tip - perfect for writing a note or drawing fine lines on your artwork.  These markers are a wonderful investment!


If you'd like to go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such, you can enter this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order.  We all like to save money when we can, right?  Have fun!!

No comments: