Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rebel Challenge #8 - Sail Away


There is a new challenge over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog, and this time it's all about using your background stamps. I love background stamps, and this challenge has my name written all over it. :-)

For my card, I used the Sandy Beach Background from Beach Babes with the Netted Background from Just Sayin' to do the "It Takes Two" technique from Technique Junkies. The sentiment and sailboat (also from Beach Babes) were stamped with Suede ink, and then I used an aquapainter to pull some of the brown ink in to the boat and sail to give them a sepia-toned look. The edges were distressed with a distress tool and some brown twill ribbon was tied around the card.

This turned out to be a masculine-looking card, and this will be perfect to give to a friend who has several sailboats. His birthday is coming up in April, and I think he will love this card.

Pull out your background stamps and show us what you create with them. We'd love to see all your wonderful artwork, so check out the challenge here and enter your creation(s). You could win an awesome prize!!

Stamps: Beach Babes & Just Sayin' from Rogue Redhead Designs
Ink: Soft Suede, Sahara Sand
CS: Soft Suede, White
Other: distress tool, aquapainter, brown twill ribbon (May Arts)
TJ technique: It Takes Two
Challenge: Rebel Challenge #8 - Rogue Redhead Designs blog

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a wonderful card- I love the way you colored it...and I have those stamps...: ) I see a CASE- need birthday and Thanks cards!

Anonymous said...

Love that wonderful background! You got great depth with it. The sailboat is awesome!