Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Rainbow of Buttons


This is my last post as a Chapel Road Design Team member. *sniff sniff* The owner, Carol, really wants me to stay on, but I had to step down in order to make time for more of a personal life outside of stamping. I've had an absolute blast working with all of these wonderful Chapel Road stamps and all the sweet ladies on the team. It was so nice to form some closer relationships with several of the ladies - hugs!!!

For this card, I stamped the inchie frame (from the Inchy Designs set) with black ink onto this wonderfully thick white cardstock from Paper Temptress (Heavenly White #120). I stamped the sentiment from Edwardian Birthday onto a larger piece of the same Heavenly White #120 cardstock.

I used the Eclipse Black #100 cardstock (also from Paper Temptress) for my card base and I cut a smaller piece and punched it with a Scallop Diamond edge punch. This is another beautifully thick cardstock - it doesn't warp or bend at all. I wanted to use some thick heavy cardstock that wouldn't bend under the weight of all the buttons, and these two cardstocks are perfect.

I wanted a rainbow of colors on this card, so I pulled out all my buttons and spent half an hour selecting just the right palette. Color makes me happy, and it was fun to play around with all the different color combinations. Once I decided on my buttons, I tied each one with some white thread and adhered them inside each of the inchie frames.

You could put anything inside these frames. The Inchy Designs set includes some wonderful artistic elements along with several different frame designs. This is a great set to mix and match and have fun with!

I hope you have enjoyed all the Chapel Road creations I have shared with you. It's been a great experience to help Carol start her first design team and I've been truly honored to be a part of this first team for the past six months. Thank you, Carol and all the design team ladies!


Stamps: Edwardian Birthday and Inchy Designs - Chapel Road
Ink: Jet Black Stazon
CS: Heavenly White #120 and Eclipse Black #100 - Paper Temptress
Other: Scallop Diamond edge punch, white thread, buttons

3 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

I absolutely LOVE this! Great job! Hey, my word verification word is baste....what's cookin'?? :-)

BarbaraW said...

This is such a clever way to use the inchies. Love it. It's been fun working with you on the Chapel Road DT. You are truly one of my cyber friends.

Joan Ervin said...

I LOOOOVE this, Holly...I gotta case this one!!!!!