Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Howdy Y'all Cowgirl


Howdy!! Today I'm sharing a fun cowgirl card with y'all, and I'm hoping you will play along with this fun challenge. Technique Junkies is sponsoring the Gingersnap Creations challenge this month, and their theme for this month is the Wild Wild West. Oh yeah, baby.......... living in Texas, I've got a nice little stockpile of rustic country and Texas stamps. Hee hee hee! How perfect!

Since this week's challenge is all about Cowboys and Cowgirls, I pulled out this sweet little cowgirl from Deadbeat Designs and this Texan sentiment stamp from jamnstamps (both found at a LSS called Stamp Salado). The cowgirl is colored with copic markers right on the kraft cardstock, cut out with an oval die, sponged around the edges and then distressed with a distress tool. I did the same with the sentiment and the larger rust oval layers.

The background is the COOLEST technique from the new Emboss or Die CD from Technique Junkies. It is called Faux Tooled Leather, and it looks so cool and so perfect for a Cowboy/Cowgirl card. You can order your own CD with 79 great techniques by clicking here.

The last thing I did for this card was I added a strip of burlap and wrapped some dark brown twine all around it. I didn't want to cover up the cool background, so I didn't add a lot of extras to this card. I hope you will play along with this fun challenge at Gingersnap Creations. You could win the Emboss or Die CD just for playing!


Stamps: cowgirl from Deadbeat Designs, sentiment from jamnstamps
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento
CS: Rust, Kraft
Other: oval dies (Spellbinders), distress tool, sponge, Copic markers, burlap, brown twine
Technique: Faux Tooled Leather (Emboss or Die cd from Technique Junkies)

2 comments:

trisha too said...

VERY cute card, Holly! Thank you for joining in at Gingersnap Creations!

:)

Shirley said...

Okay, Holly, she is too too cute for words! I am loving your blog and you don't have a Follow Me up, so I can Follow you!!! :-)