Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

MOJO119 Gingham Journey



The weather has been crazy here for the past week, and it's brought on some horrible sinus headaches for both my husband and me. After drinking some Coke and downing some Motrin, I managed to work on this card. As you can see, I am moving away from Christmas colors and bringing out the soft spring colors.

Look closely and you can see the Fine Gingham backgrounder that I used on the green layer. I stamped that with Versamark, and I just wanted to darken it up just a tad, so I rubbed over the inky areas with a soft green shimmery chalk from Pebbles. The rest of the card is sweet and simple with the emphasis on the sentiment.

Maybe this sentiment should be my motto this year? It's a reminder to live life, not wait for things to happen. What is your motto this year?


Stamps:
Fine Gingham backgrounder (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Encouragement Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments line from Cornish Heritage Farms)

Ink:
Versamark
Peeled Paint distress
Jet Black stazon

Paper:
Simply Smooth Vanilla (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Bazzill Smoothies (Creative Cuts and More)
Sugar Rush designer paper (Basic Grey)

Other:
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Spellbinders Nestabilities circle die, scallop rectangle die
ribbon (May Arts)
sponge
shimmery chalk (Pebbles)

5 comments:

Danni said...

Pretty card!

Beverly Kissler said...

Love the butterfly. Very pretty card. Hope you and John get to feeling better.

rush8888 said...

i am soooooo glad not to see winter cards! i am trying to think positive, too. my motto: see if an idea works the way i thought it would...experiment!

mustangkayla said...

Bummer about the sinus issues. Pretty card!

Joan Ervin said...

Poor baby...I am sorry you have been feeling ucky!!! I'm glad you felt good enough to stamp...this is gorgeous!!! I love the springy colors and what a gorgeous background!!!! Kathy and Scott are coming tonight so we will get together sometime this weekend...I hope you two feel better soon!!!