Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MOJO108 Spirit of Christmas



This is my take on the Mojo Monday sketch that was posted yesterday. I'm in the mood for Christmas cards, so I pulled out the Christmassy papers and stamps and put this together.

The snowflakes are die cut with a Spellbinders die, and I covered them with Picket Fence distress stickles (my favorite bottle next to Star Dust). After the stickles dried, I sponged the snowflakes just a bit with some chocolate ink. I love making these vintage-y distress-y snowflakes!

The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms' Christmas Expressions set, and it is stamped on the white designer paper from the Basic Grey Wassail collection. The othe papers are also from the Wassail collection. Yeah, I'm just a little addicted to the Basic Grey papers. Hee hee!


Stamps: Christmas Expressions (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI)
CS: Dark Chocolate (PTI), white, Basic Grey Wassail dp
Other: sponge, Picket Fence distress stickles, large brad, snowflake die cut, chocolate satin ribbon (May Arts)

4 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card, Holly....great Christmasy papers and I love the sentiment!!! I see you got your stampin enegery back, too....after 37 or so cards on Sat. I was wondering if I would ever feel like picking up a stamp again!!!

mustangkayla said...

Such a pretty card! Love that snowflake!

Steph Zerbe said...

Ohhh, me like! Love the pattern paper and the gorgeous flake with that big brad. So nice!

Jodi Collins said...

BEAUTIFUL Holly! Don't you LOVE Verve sketches??? You rocked this!!