Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Joy



This is a card that I just sort of put together on a whim. I was playing with the new Shimmer Paints from Stampin Up (in the new holiday mini), and decided to paint the embossed petals on the red panel of cardstock. How fun!

I had cut the "JOY" from the new Suede cardstock, but it didn't really pop out over the striped paper. So I tried Chocolate Chip and it seems to pop out better. It's fun to create a non-traditional Christmas card now and then. :-)

3 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Holly...love the suede paper and your colors are gorgeous!!!

Kelli Waters said...

Very pretty. I love alternative holiday colors. The shimmer paint really makes the flowers pop!

Patty Bennett said...

Love it!! Did you paint each petal individually or just run a sponge dauber over the embossed areas?? LOVE IT! Patty