Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Casing a Verve Diva




The Verve challenge this week is to case one of the Verve Divas. Well, I had the wonderful pleasure to actually meet Miss Shannan Teubner a few months ago at a shoebox swap, and she's just the sweetest gal. I love her clean and simple cards, so it was easy to pick her for this challenge. :-) The card I am casing is here: Shannan's card


I changed the colors, and I couldn't find my corner punch, so I left the corners square. I had actually stamped my images first, and then found out that only the largest oval nesty would fit to cut it out. ACK! What do I do for that layer between the image and the scallops??? ACK! I cut out the next smallest oval and used it as a mask and sponged Chocolate Chip ink around the larger oval. Whew........

The next challenge was to use designer paper if your diva did NOT use it, so I had to find just the right paper. That's how I happened to pick green instead of going with Shannan's blue layer. I used chocolate chip instead of black, and Cameo Coral instead of a pink color. I also used some of my much hoarded Chocolate Chip satin ribbon.

Thanks for the inspiration, Shannan!! :-)


Stamps: Because of You (from Verve)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss
CS: Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, Cameo Coral, Bella Rose dsp
Other: clear embossing powder, chocolate pearls, nestabilities, chocolate chip satin ribbon, sponge, aquapainter

2 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty card, Holly!

Joan Ervin said...

Gorgeous, Holly!!!! The flowers are sooo pretty and I love the sentiment!!! Great colors, too!!!