Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cameo Flowers for OCCC sketch challenge



I fell in love with Silke's card on the OCCC blog this morning, and I just HAD to case her card. I changed the colors and papers a little bit, and I didn't use a button in the corner. Instead, I punched out a flower and leaf from my Stampin Up Birds and Blooms sizzlet die with Cameo Coral and Old Olive cardstocks. The leaf was too big for the little flower, so I cut it in half, and I punched a small circle from Vanilla cardstock and glued that in the center of the flower.

Everything on this card is from Stampin Up except for the large oval and scallop oval die cuts. I used nestabilities for those two shapes. The flower image was colored with markers directly on the stamp and I huffed onto the rubber right before I pressed it onto the Vanilla cardstock.

I hope Silke doesn't mind that I cased her card. It was so pretty that I just had to try to make my own. :-)

Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Ink: Cameo Coral, Old Olive
CS: Cameo Coral, Old Olive, Vanilla
Other: vanilla tafetta ribbon, scallop edge punch, nestabilities ovals, Birds and Blooms sizzlet die, 1/8" hole punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely interpretation of the sketch! Beautiful card!

Caryl P said...

I loved Silke's card too but didn't have the supplies to case it! Nice card, and remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful!!!

Shelley said...

Great job with this sketch! Very lovely.