Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Gingham and Chicks



I woke up bright and early this morning, raring to go and finish this card. I had started it last night and put most of it together. So this morning, I sat down and watercolored this as soon as I crawled out of bed. Yup - haven't had breakfast, haven't had a shower..... This stamping thing is addictive, isn't it??? LOL

This is another Sarah Kay stamp that my friends gave to me for my birthday last week. I'm having so much fun with these stamps. It's bringing me back to my first love, which is coloring.

I was browsing Peanutbee's blog and saw this layout, and quickly sketched it on scratch paper. It's a beautiful layout and it works perfectly with Sarah Kay images. I hope she doesn't mind that I cased her layout. :-)

Stamps: Sarah Kay Country Girl
Ink: Black Stazon, Caramel, Cocoa, Summer Sun, Saffron, Banana, Brocade Blue, Real Red, Only Orange, Celery
CS: Brocade Blue, watercolor paper, designer paper from Making Memories
Other: blue ribbon, Rich Regals brads, aquapainter

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love the purple and yellow, and THIS Country Girl stamp is GOING to be on my wish-list for sure. I love how you colored her.

Thanks for the link to my blog and your kind words. I really appreciate that!! :)

Lorie said...

Oh, gosh...this is beautiful! I love to see those colors this time of year!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful Holly! Hey your new picture on top looks like my desk! LOL

Christi Flores said...

This is beautiful Holly!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally sweet! Love the touch of gingham!

Joan Ervin said...

Such gorgeous coloring, Holly!!! I remember a little red headed girl laying on the floor with her color books and a new box of colors....your coloring was awesome then, too!!! Awwww, sweet memories!!!