Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Gotta Love Texas!



Remember the Fleuriste paper from my previous post? I used that same paper on this card. The sentiment is stamped on it, as well as the Texas tag. This paper is a wonderful backdrop for collage-y type stamps.

In keeping with the Texas theme, I knotted up some linen thread and wrapped it around - sorta like a barbed wire fence. The star brads are actually silver, but I needed to color them up somehow. I heated them up with my heat gun, dipped them in Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder, and heated them again. I love the aged and distressed effect I got on these stars!!

Stamps: all from Stamp Salado store, copyright Deadbeat Designs
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Really Rust, Old Paper distress ink
CS: Fleuriste dp, rust and tan cardstocks from a friend
Other: linen thread, MM silver stars, Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress embossing powder, sponge

No comments: