Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Shasta Daisy Banner Card




Remember the Brown Snowflake Christmas card I made the other day? The doily I used on that card was cut down to fit on the center panel, and I saved the other piece of that doily. Rather than throw it away, I fiddled around with this card and managed to fit that little piece of doily on here. :-)

See how I wiggled that scrap of doily underneath the flower? That just goes to show you - never throw anything away!! More times than not, you'll make something cute out of it. The products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I've used on this card are:

French Pastry Doily die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Shasta Daisy strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Kraft cardstock
French Country 6x6 paper pad
Vintage Bliss 6x6 paper pad

I found this kraft cardstock in my stash - it had already been stamped for another project and I never used it. It was just so perfect with these country papers that I decided to go ahead and layer my paper strips on this kraft card base. So I cut various papers from both of the 6x6 paper pads and used scissors to cut the v-notches at the bottom. I glued these down to my card base in a random pattern using the Banner Technique from Technique Junkies (Feb/March 2013 issue). The doily piece was glued right at the top of the paper strips. A small strip of brown cardstock was paper pierced and then a white gel pen was used to give the Faux Stitching look to the piece. I die cut the Shasta Daisy strip with dark orange cardstock and attached all the layers together with a vanilla brad. The petals were fluffed up and curled over using my fingers and then adhered to the top of the card.

I hope you've enjoyed my cute country card today! As always, you can use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Have a great week!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #88 - In Stitches (I used Faux Stitching)
Paula Holifield Crafts - Die-ing for It


5 comments:

Lori said...

Cute simple card that really makes a statement. Thanks for joining us as always and best of luck Holly.

Unknown said...

Dear Holly, you have made a very stylish card, simple and clever. I would like to thank you that you entered my new challenge blog 'C... is for Challenge'. Thank you for your trust and I wish you good luck in the draw!
Hugs from Poland,
Anna xxx

Joann said...

Hi Holly,
I keep the same “pile of pieces” that I used and I raid it all the time for my cards. You did a great job with your flower and I love the colors of your card. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Holly. I love the flower and beautiful mix of colours
Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month
Sue xx

Unknown said...

This is so cute, Holly! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini