Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Christmas in July - Brown Snowflake card



Hi friends!  Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?  This is my first one for the upcoming Christmas season - only a million more to go, right?  LOL

Let me tell you a little story about how I went about making this card.  Yesterday was the 4th of July, and I had zero thoughts of Christmas.  None, absolutely none whatsoever.  This morning, I checked out the challenge over on the Cheery Lynn Designs blog, and it is Christmas in July.  Hmmmmmm okay...... let's see what I can come up with.

Mind you, I was NOT in a Christmas frame of mind.  I just could not think of what I wanted to create.  So I looked around and saw this sketch on the Cardabilities blog.  Between the Christmas in July theme, the Cardabilities sketch, and my huge stash of cardmaking supplies from Classy Cards 'n Such, I came up with this.  The products from Classy Cards 'n Such (use code Holly-10 to save 10% off your order) that I used are:

Rejoice 6x6 paper pad
French Pastry Doily die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Lady Kate Edger die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Snowflake 5 die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Kraft paper
Christmas Sentiments (Impression Obsession) - looks like this one is sold out right now

I have to say, I really like this sketch!  It's more versatile than I thought - just replace the heart/snowflake with whatever you want and add a sentiment and you've got a personalized card for any occasion.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #87 - Christmas in July
Simply Create Too #41 - Christmas in July
Paper Minutes #276 - Die Cuts


14 comments:

Boutique Country said...

Very pretty card...

Thank you for joining cardabilities

Pia S said...

What a great version of the sketch and a wonderful Christmas card! Love the colors you picked for this one!

Adriana B said...

wonderful christmas card, thanks for playing along at Cardabilities :)

Nicole Doiron said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Makes me want to take out my Christmas stash! Thanks for playing along with Cardabilities!

Olga said...

Such a gorgeous card! I missed Christmas already=) Thank you for playing with Cardabilities! Good luck!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Indeed, yes I am thinking about Christmas cards. I'm in the middle of making 60 of them--40 for my sister's birthday and 20 for myself. I love this Christmas card in the non traditional colours. Your button adds a nice touch.

Sheila said...

This is such a great card Holly, thanks for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Unknown said...

Holly, this is really cute! The simple design works really well with your papers. Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

hOLLY:[lOVE YOUR NAME] I also love, love, love your beautiful card!

Thank you for joining our “Christmas in July” Challenge #41.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Lori said...

I love this card, It has such a country feel to it with the colors and goodies used on it. Just lovely. Thank you for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Challenge.

Majo said...

Your card is so pretty, thanks for playing along at Cardabilities!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!! Love colour combo and papers which you used. Thanks for playing along at Cardabilities! Agnieszka

Ganna Gruden said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Cardabilities!

NanaConnie said...

This is magnificent, Holly! I'm just so happy that you chose to play in our "Christmas in July" challenge this week at Simply Create Too. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT