Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall Delight


Happy Fall!!  It's a gray, cool, rainy day here in Texas, and I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!  Fall is finally here in my neck of the woods, and I'm hoping this is the last of the 100+ degree weather.  I raced home after work to create this card and I love how it turned out.  :-)

I had two challenges in mind when I was creating this card.  The challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs #45 is Borders and Edgers and the Color Throwdown #209 has colors that match perfectly with the papers that I wanted to use.  For the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge, I used the Lace Light Deco border at the bottom of this card, but I changed it a little bit.  I cut out the border, then cut that in half and layered one piece behind and slightly up from the other one.  It's a great way to change up the look of a border.

For the Color Throwdown, I definitely used Summer Sun (sunflower), Chocolate Chip (flourish, border), and Old Olive (leaves, background layer).  The Rust and Cherry Cobbler can be seen in the patterned paper that I used here, and you can see the other three colors in the patterned paper as well.  It's like this paper was destined to be used for this particular color challenge.  

Most of the supplies that I used on this card were purchased from Classy Cards 'n Such:

Harvest Lane 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories)
Lace Light Deco Border (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Leaf die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Mini Fanciful Flourish (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Sunflower die (Cheery Lynn Designs)

You can save 10% by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out at Classy Cards 'n Such.  There's tons of dies, papers, embossing folders, stamps, and more in the store.  Have fun shopping!



3 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, you have used the Color Throwdown colors beautifully, Holly!!!!! I sooo love the pretty colors and papers you used and the sunflower is gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the CTD...I hope you come back often!!!!!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful job on your fall card Holly! I love the big sunflower and the great designer papers and textures! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown!

Sherrie Conner said...

So pretty! I love the Fall theme and colors!