Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Friend Who Reads



I just finished putting this card together, and I confess - I did squeal just a little bit when it was done. LOL I loved paper piecing this image from MFT called Well Read. I am always reading and this stamp set just called to me as soon as I saw it.

The Technostamper sketch for this week was perfect for this image. I used some October Afternoon papers for all the piecing, and I colored that little bit of cotton twine with a beige Copic marker. The embossed panel behind the couch reminded me of wallpaper - too perfect!

Tomorrow is Friday - yay!

Stamps: Well Read from My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa
CS: Vanilla
DP: Fly a Kite from October Afternoon
Other: button, cotton twine, Tim Holtz embossing folder, sponge
Techniques: Paper Piecing & Level Up (Technique Junkies)
Sketch: TSSC136 - Technostamper blog

4 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

I LOVE this card!! Great PP job! I need to do this more often!

stampqueen said...

AWSOME!!! That set went on my wish list as soon as I saw it - now I just wait for budget to catch up to wishes :)
Love all the PP and love the backround too!!

MJ said...

Awesome, this is the best card I have seen with this set! Great patterns. Love it, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Kristine Reynolds said...

WOW! Great card! Love the "wallpaper" background!