Saturday, April 24, 2010

MOJO #135 - Lemonade Flower



Don't rub your eyes! Yes, this is Holly's blog and yes, she created this wild and crazy card. LOL

I had some leftover flower pieces from when I did the Layered Flowers tutorial over on the CHF blog, so I put them to use on this card for this week's Mojo sketch. I didn't have room for a sentiment or that button/ribbon tag on the upper left side, so I just left those off.

I wanted some bold and bright colors to go with the hot pink color I used on my flower, so I pulled out my Basic Grey Lemonade papers and started mixing and matching to see what would look good. I wanted the chipboard butterfly to stand out, so I used some bright turquoise colored crackle paint on that. I had fun putting this wild card together.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Stamps:
Daisy Chain Scrapblock from Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
Watermelon Adirondack dye (Ranger)

Paper:
Simply Smooth White from Cornish Heritage Farms
Simply Heavy Black from Cornish Heritage Farms
Lemonade (Basic Grey)

Other:
ribbon (Dots, Dashes, and Checks)
button
chipboard butterfly (Maya Road)
Broken China distress crackle paint (Ranger)
scallop punch (EK Success)
Blossoms die (Spellbinders)

4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

oh WOW Holly, this flower is so totally AWESOME!!! beautiful card!!
Blessings, Maria

mustangkayla said...

What a pretty card! That flower is just stunning!

Joan Ervin said...

Your flower is STUNNING, Holly....me thinks you need to make me some of these!!!!

Jerusha said...

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow!!!!!!!! This flower is amazing! TUTORIAL PLEASE! Love it!!!