Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Watercolored Pumpkins



Hello friends.  Fall is finally here in TX and I have really enjoyed these cooler temperatures!  I even had to put my sweatpants and sweatshirt on this morning!  :-)  A couple weeks ago, I pulled out my Distress markers and relaxed by watercoloring these pumpkins.  I didn't have any plan in mind. I just pulled colors out and just colored for the fun of it. After I was done coloring, I let it dry overnight and then I put the card together. Here's what I used to create my card:

I started by stamping the pumpkins from the Autumn Blessings set (Flourishes) with black Stazon ink onto watercolor paper. After I let it dry a few minutes, I colored the image with the Tim Holtz water brush and the following Distress Markers:

Tumbled Glass (sky)
Crushed Olive (grass)
Peeled Paint (grass)
Forest Moss (grass) - sold out
Vintage Photo (wheelbarrow)
Walnut Stain (wheelbarrow)
Mustard Seed (pumpkins, squash)
Spiced Marmalade (pumpkins, squash)
Dried Marigold (pumpkins, squash)
Wild Honey (pumpkins, squash)
Rusty Hinge (pumpkins)
Barn Door (berries)

Once the image was completely dry, I cut it out with the Vintage Labels Two die (JustRite) and sponged a little bit of Tea Dye distress ink around the edges. I cut a card base (A2 size) from suede cardstock and folded it in half. I then cut the gorgeous fall-themed paper from the Autumn Song 6x6 paper pad to 3.25" x 4.5" and matted it with a soft yellow cardstock. Some sheer brown ribbon was tied around the bottom of this autumn paper layer and tied into a bow on the left side. Finally, I affixed the pumpkin image with some Joy foam pads over the ribbon and the patterned paper and glued the whole thing down onto my suede card base.

I love how this turned out. It just screams "fall" to me, and it's actually feeling like fall now. I love this respite from the summer heat, and these rich fall colors always put me in a happy mood!  As always, you can save 10% off your order at Classy Cards 'n Such by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out.  Have fun shopping!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafting for All Seasons #64 - Autumn Colours
Hiding in my Craft Room #122 - Fall Colors
Ladybug Crafts - Autumn Colors
Rogue Redhead Designs #28 - Die Cut Divas


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Elegant design. Thanks for playing the Rogue Redhead Challenge.

Vicki said...

Beautiful card! Love the background and the warm colors.

Jenscrapstoo said...

Very lovley Card, Love the Fall Colours!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Katherine Clayton said...

What a GREAT fall card! The colors (and colouring) are just AMAZING!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Hiding In My Craft Room fibrous fall color challenge. Hope to see you again soon. (and Good Luck!!!)

Kathy HIMCR DT
UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com