Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Simple Acorn Thanks


Hi friends!  I had the urge to create a colorful autumn card the other day.  I wanted some rich golden yellows and oranges and deep maroon and brown colors mixed in with a touch of deep green, and this is what I came up with.

The papers in the newest 6x6 paper pad, Autumn Song (Bo Bunny), are full of those gorgeous fall colors, so I pulled out one that was deep yellow with large orange polka dots all over it. I used the largest die from the new Blueprints #6 die set to cut this paper to the perfect size to go on an A2 card. I love how this die softly rounds the edges of all four corners.

Next, I stamped the Autumn Swirls Background stamp (JustRite) with brown ink over this polka dotted paper. It's so neat to see how the paper changes when you stamp a background stamp over it. You don't really notice the polka dots very much anymore - the focus is now on the oak leaves and acorns that are stamped over it. I glued this down onto a card base.

To contrast with the golden orange and brown background, I pulled out a deep maroon/purple paper from the Autumn Song 6x6 paper pad and cut it with the arch shaped die from the Blueprints #3 die set. This was glued down to the right side of my stamped background.

The deep green paper (Autumn Song paper) was the perfect shade to balance against the orange/brown and maroon/purples, so I cut that out with the scallop edge die from the Blueprints #3 die set and glued it down near the bottom of the card. I stamped the sentiment from Autumn Blessings (Flourishes) onto white paper and glued that just above the green strip on the left side of my card.

Finally, the grapevine wreath from the Seasonal Wreaths stamp set (Flourishes)was stamped directly onto the solid yellow/orange paper from the Autumn Song paper pad and then I cut it out with the pierced circle from the Blueprints #3 die set. I colored the tiny berries and leaves with Copic markers and then glued this down onto the maroon/purple arch die cut.

I love these gorgeous colors, and this card will be perfect to mail to someone because it's flat with no bulky embellishments. I hope you are having a gorgeous and colorful fall season! :-)  You can use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Pile it On #46 - With Thanks
Sentimental Sundays #181 - Giving Thanks
Hiding in my Craft Room #124 - Die Cuts
Ladybug Crafts - Autumn Colors
Pattie's Creations #80 - Giving Thanks or Thank You
Simply Create Too #50 - Give Thanks
Stampin for the Weekend - Autumn/Fall Colors




7 comments:

Marja B. said...

Love the stamps you used and the colors are beautiful! Thank you for joining in our challenge at Simply Create Too!

Marja
Simply Create Too DT
http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi

maria f. said...

Aren't autumn's colors wonderful? I love your twiggy wreath. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Wow...this is fantastic and very eye catching!!! The colors are perfect for the layering technique!! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays

Katherine Clayton said...

What a pretty card . . . and such a GREAT color combo! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Hiding In My Craft Room for our Die Cut challenge. Hope to see you again next week (or this week ;) ). (and Good Luck!!!)

Kathy HIMCR DT
UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

This is so pretty! Love the image and your beautiful colors and papers. Thanks for joining us in the Pattie's Creations Challenge. Nancy - DT

Zella said...

WOW - such pretty colors for Fall! I love the simplicity of your card too - it's beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.
Blessings,
Zella

BethieJ said...

LOVELY Card!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!!
Have a GREAT day!