Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Razzleberry Poinsettias


Sometimes I like to change things up and do the unexpected. Today I've created a Christmas card, but I've used non-traditional Christmas colors on this card.

Instead of the red and green combo, or a blue and white combo, I've gone way outside the box. I've gone with a purple-ish color called Razzleberry and I paired it with some grays and a pale pink and white. I love how this combo turned out. It's fun to come up with an idea in your head and then have the end result look better than you expected. :-)

I started with a Razzleberry card base and I added a sheet of the embossed gray paper from The Lake House paper pad. I die cut the Tiny Bubbles (Cheery Lynn Designs) from pale pink cardstock and then I backed it with a strip of the Razzleberry cardstock. I glued this down on the left side of my card.

I then stamped the sentiment from Christmas Inner Thoughts (JustRite) on white cardstock, layered that on a dark gray cardstock, and adhered it to the card. I die cut the poinsettias from the Poinsettia Strip (Cheery Lynn Designs) and picked out the ones I wanted to use. I ended up using the smallest flower and the medium flower and I die cut extras so I could layer them.

I wanted a little extra "magic" to go with the sentiment on my card, so I squeezed some Mercury Glass Stickles onto each poinsettia and smeared it around with my finger. I let these dry completely before I glued the layers together. The final touch was to add a Mother of Pearl Rhinestone to each of the poinsettias.

I have to tell you - I am in LOVE with this Mercury Glass Stickles. That shine is just awesome! This can go with any color and it will look fabulous. I love the old-fashioned charm this gives to my non-traditional poinsettias.

You can save 10% off your order by using this code, Holly-10, when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You'll have a blast shopping for dies, papers, stamps, Stickles, and embellishments in the Classy Cards 'n Such store.  :-)  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #108 - Non Traditional Christmas Colors
Holly Jolly Christmas - Warm Christmas
The Paper Shelter #138 - Christmas is Coming
Word Art Wednesday #107 - Anything Goes
Scrapbooker PhD #3 - Christmas without Green or Red



9 comments:

Irina Gerschuk said...

Amazing project!!! Love the color combination!! And the flowers look gorgeous))))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog)))

Cards By MI said...

Love your card! Great colours and fabby design to it. Really wonderful! Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Unknown said...

The script is so full of character, the poinsettias are very beautiful in RR. I like the pink bubble die cut. You surely aced the non traditional colors. Thank you for sharing this amazing artwork with us. Remember up to FIVE AG Family friendly projects can be posted weekly.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Lorraine said...

I absolutely love that. I really like your colour choices, the punched holes look fab (I NEED that die lol) and it's so neatly put together. Great job. Thank you for taking part at The Paper Shelter this week.

Karen Letchworth said...

Fabulous! I just love what you've done with this, and I thank you SO very much for sharing in our challenge. I appreciate your participation in our challenges, Holly. May God bless you for taking part in our challenges and sharing your talents with us.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Meighan Wheller said...

A stunning CAS Christmas card. The sentiment says it all. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Holly Jolly, we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

shulsart said...

What a beautiful color combination, this is just stunning. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs

Unknown said...

This card is really a work of art.
The color combination is stunning. I love the juxtaposition between the gray embossed patterned paper and the pink circles. Love it. The poinsettias are perfect.

Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD this week.

Faith

Shawn Mosch said...

Love the colors and the shimmer!

Shawn Mosch ~ The Buckle Boutique Design Team Coordinator
Crafty Chics Blog
MyCutSearch.com a searchable database of Cricut images