Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Kraft Leaping Deer



Howdy!  How are you coming along with your Christmas card stash?  I've got another Christmas card to share with you, and this one has a rustic, country-ish feel to it.

I started off with a Kraft card base (A2 size) and then I added a strip of the red paper from the Tradition 6x6 paper pad (Authentique) at the bottom of the card. Next, I cut a piece of green cardstock and added it to the top of the card. I cut a smaller layer of the Christmas floral paper from the same Tradition 6x6 paper pad and adhered it to the green cardstock.

I then cut the French Pastry Doily (Cheery Lynn Designs) from green cardstock and trimmed the doily in half. I glued one half of the doily on the floral paper. The other half of the doily has been set aside for another project. I then cut a strip of the off-white paper from the Traditions 6x6 paper pad and stamped the sentiment (Christmas Sentiments set by Impression Obsession) with green ink in the center. I glued this off-white strip right below the half-doily and then I added a Cranberry pearl to dot the "i" in the sentiment.

The last thing I did was die cut the Leaping Deer from Kraft cardstock. I affixed the deer to my card using Joy foam pads. I love how this deer mimics the red paper below - look closely and you'll see the white leaping deer on that paper. Neat, huh? LOL

Remember, you can save 10% off your order at Classy Cards 'n Such by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out.  I know you'll have fun filling up your cart with all the lovely papers, dies, stamps, pearls, and other embellishments.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps #69 - Punches and Dies
2 Sisters Challenge #170 - Uncommon Christmas
Crafty Calendar - All Things Christmas
Little Claire #39 - Christmas Theme
Cards Galore- Animals
Crafty Creations #248 - Dies and Punches




5 comments:

KelliJo said...

TOTALLY CASE'ing this!!!! I just happen to have ALL the necessary ingredients... except the doily... BUT... ;)

Bev Gerard said...

Yep! This deer is total perfection in this cardstock! Great card in all ways!

`Bev

Zoe said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and layout, thank you for joining in Crafts Galore, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Karin said...

Beautiful card, love the colours.
Thanks for joining us at with ATSC. Hugs Karin

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our "All Things Christmas" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x