Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bronze Autumn Hi


Hi folks!  We are currently experiencing a blast of winter, but since it is still November, I would like to share this rich, shimmery, autumn-inspired card with you. I bought some of the Echo - Bronze Stardream Metallic paper from Classy Cards 'n Such, and this gorgeous paper is just perfect for fall-inspired cards. I cut a layer of this gorgeous Bronze paper and adhered it to a mustard card base. You can see the shimmer in the first picture, but here is a picture of how it really shimmers and changes when you tilt it back and forth in your hands.


Isn't that awesome? I love this Metallic paper! I kept my card simple by cutting out the rectangles using the dies from the Blueprints 4 set. I cut three mustard cardstock pieces and then three pieces from one of the papers in the Autumn Song 6x6 paper pad. I kept them in the same order so you can see the graduation of colors in the papers.

Before I adhered my rectangles down on my card, I die cut some flourishes from a deep rust colored cardstock. I cut one Mini Fanciful Flourish and one Mini Fanciful Flourish - Reverse (Cheery Lynn Designs), and then I cut the flourishes apart and arranged them behind and around the rectangles. Once everything was arranged, I glued it all down.

I wanted a little sentiment at the bottom, so I die cut the "hi" from the Parker Lower Alphabet and arranged it on the bottom rectangle. It needed a little shimmer to go with the gorgeous Bronze paper, so I covered the "hi" with Champagne Stickles and let it dry. Once it was completely dry, I glued the letters down.

I love how this card turned out. You can see the gorgeous Bronze paper and the flourishes really enhance the swirls you see in the patterned paper. This is going to be a fun card to send to someone just to put a smile on their face. :-)

You can save 10% off your order at Classy Cards 'n Such by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out.  You'll find lots of gorgeous papers, stamps, dies, and embellishments to fill up your shopping cart.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Card Mania #34 - Autumn Colors
Victorine Originals #72 - CAS with a Fall Theme
Brown Sugar Challenge #69 - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity #151 - Glitter and Sparkle
Crafty Hands #3 - Sparkle and Bling
Stampin with the Dragon - Autumn Colors


6 comments:

Miss Emerald said...

Very beautiful and elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

Kandy's Krafts said...

A lovely simple layout which looks so elegant and clean. Thanks for joining us at SDD challenge. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhands Challenge Blog.

Moira DT. xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Fabulous card,loving all the sparkle,great layout too.

Thanks for playing along in our challenge over at CraftyHands x

Whimsey said...

Oh wow - that's gorgeous!!!

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafts 4 Eternity! ~Michele, DT

Im just me - Marleen said...

Great project. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Dragon.
Marleen DTL xx