Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Caged Florals



Good morning, folks!  I've created a summery country card to share with you today.  My card starts with a card base of 8.5" x 4.25" of Kraft cardstock, folded in half. I cut a smaller piece of polka dot paper from the funVintage Bliss 6x6 paper pad and adhered it to the card base. While I had this paper pad out, I fell in love with the floral text paper, so I cut a 3" square of that and matted it with a slightly larger Kraft cardstock base.

I thought it would be fun to ramp up the "country-ish-ness" of this by adding a panel of chicken wire over the floral paper, so I cut out theChicken Wire (Cheery Lynn Designs) from Kraft cardstock. To get this to look silver, I dabbed over the Chicken Wire die cut with the Brushed Pewter Distress Stain - it works GREAT for coloring delicate die cuts like this!

To age the silver chicken wire a bit, I ran a black ink pad over it - just randomly here and there. I wiped off some of the black ink with a tissue to distress it further - love that look. It's just a hint of black here and there so the silver really comes through.

Next, I cut a small piece of the polka dot paper and notched the ends with scissors. I added a little piece of a Mini Fanciful Flourish die cut (Cheery Lynn Designs) to the left side and glued a white button over that. The last thing I did was cut the Mini Butterfly (Cheery Lynn Designs) and affixed it to the button.

I love these papers! The butterfly and the chicken wire die cuts match perfectly with these papers for that sweet little country touch. :-)  As always, you can use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your orders at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You can order any of the above items that are underlined (click on them to go shopping) or anything else that catches your fancy in the shop.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #91 - Hot Time in the Summer
Cardabilities #79 - sketch (just saw it's too late to enter as it closed yesterday, darn)
613 Avenue Create #30 - Anything Goes
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes
Catered Crop - Summer Loving


2 comments:

Lori said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining this week and your continued love for Cheery Lynn Designs. Best of luck.

Unknown said...

How cute, Holly! So glad that you joined us this week at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini