Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Suede Bird Cage



Hi folks!  I was inspired by the colors and the design team samples on the Color Throwdown Challenge, and I decided to make a bird cage card. I've used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such:

Anytime Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession)
Magnolia Grove paper pad (KaiserCraft)
Nestled Bird die (PoppyStamps)
Bird Cage die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Wreath Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Flourish Leaf Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Cuties 3 die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Joy foam pads small

I started with a vanilla card base and I stamped the sentiment with suede ink at the bottom. A layer of suede cardstock with the corners rounded off was adhered just above the sentiment. Next, a sheet of patterned paper from the Magnolia Grove pad with the corners rounded off was adhered to the suede cardstock on the card.

Now the real fun started by die cutting the bird, the bird cage, the leaves, the flowers, and the wreath sprigs. I adhered the suede bird cage to the patterned paper and then used Joy foam to adhere the bird in the center of the cage. I glued some leaves around the right side of the cage as well as along the bottom, and then added some vanilla wreath sprigs. The flowers were cut from kraft cardstock and rolled up and then adhered to the corner of the bird cage.

This was a big step outside of my comfort zone. I love how these colors complement each other and it was great to have an excuse to play with my new bird cage die! :-)

If you'd like to go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such, you can save 10% off your order by entering this code, Holly-10, when you check out.  There is tons of stuff in the store, and more is added every week.  

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Color Throwdown #223 - Suede, Vanilla, Kiwi, and Kraft
Fashionable Stamping Challenges #38 - Surprise Us (Anything Goes)
2 Sisters #125 - Anything Goes
365 Cards Day 5 - Back to Nature
QKR Stampede #20 - Anything Goes




4 comments:

DoBea A. said...

Beautiful card! I love the die cuts!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at 365 Cards!

Yvonne Garner said...

What a lovely card! Birds are one of my favorites. Thanks for joining us at FSC!

Deanne Saunders said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for participating in the QKR STAMPEDE Challenge blog! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~

Esther said...

ooh a beautiful elegant card - love the soft colours..Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx