Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Non-traditional Valentine Card


TGIF!!!! I am so glad it's Friday - that means I can sleep late tomorrow! :-) I saw a couple of challenges that I wanted to play with this week, but I didn't have time to play until tonight after work.

I used this week's Sweet Stop sketch (#142) and the colors from this week's Color Throwdown challenge (#176) to put this sweet non-traditional Valentine card together. If you look closely at the images in the basket, you will see that they are heart-shaped scones. How cute is that?

This Basket of Heart Scones stamp is from I Brake for Stamps, and I colored it with Copic markers. The Curled Corner technique (Technique Junkies) was used to give this card a fun texture. I used Holly's Tattered Background stamp on the kraft layer along with the sentiment from the Every Day Phrases set (all from I Brake for Stamps). It was fun to play with these non-traditional colors - sort of manly yet sort of girly, too.

I wonder if I should give this to my husband next month or if I should give this to my grandparents?? Hmmmmmmm...........

If you want to go shopping for the stamps I used on this card, you can save 10% off your order by using my code - SAVE10HOLLY - when you check out. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Stamps: Basket of Heart Scones, Holly's Tattered Background, Every Day Phrases (all from I Brake for Stamps)
Ink: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Rich Cocoa Memento
CS: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Pool Party, Restoration Collection (Crate Paper), White
Other: Copic markers, Dark Chocolate satin ribbon
TJ Technique: Curled Corner

2 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful card, Holly!!!!! I just love the different layers and your image is just precious!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown....you know I love seeing your fabulous cards in our gallery!!!!

dpkennedy said...

Hi Holly! This is so cute! Heart shaped scones, yum! Pretty layout, and I love the crackle background paper! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!