Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rogue Challenge #4 - Toile Bookmark


I just saw the new challenge over on the Rogue Redhead Designs blog, and you know I had to play along. :-) For this challenge, we have to have a tag and a quote on our project, so I looked around my studio to see what I could do.

I wanted to try a new technique from Technique Junkies called Back to Back, but never really got around to it. So tonight, I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. After I created my background with this technique, I decided to cut this out with the new Tim Holtz tag die (rule #1 of the challenge). I looked through my Rogue stamps to see which quote I wanted, and this one from the Relish Reading set is so perfect for a bookmark.

I stamped the quote (rule #2 of the challenge) on kraft cardstock and then cut it out with scissors. The flower was cut from white cardstock and I sponged the purple inks on it, with the darker ink on the very edges. While my sponge was still loaded with purple ink, I dabbed it over some white seam binding.

Why don't you check out the challenge and play along? There is an awesome prize for one lucky winner, so give it a shot! :-)

Stamps: Relish Reading (Rogue Redhead Designs), French Script (SU), Bella Toile (SU), Twill (SU)
Ink: Kraft, Wisteria, Dusty Concord distress
CS: Kraft, White
Other: seam binding, sponge, button, linen thread, Rose Creations die, Tim Holtz tag die
TJ Technique: Back to Back

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly - fabulous tag, gorgeous colours - who makes the flower Die?

Shelly Schmidt said...

So pretty!!! Love your tag- and the quote.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag! Wonderful for the challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, beautious, Holly!!!! I love the stamps you used for the background and how cool is that sentiment!!!!

Debi said...

this really is a very pretty tag Holly, love that purple colour and the flower x DEbi x

Chrissy D said...

Ohh love this book mark! What do you do with all of these gorgeous creations you make????