Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Belli Challenge #129 - 1234


Good morning! This is my card for this week's Belli Challenge. We are doing a unique twist this time - it's called 1234. Basically you use a certain number of certain items so they fit into the 1234 group. For example, you could use 1 ribbon, 2 brads, 3 stamps, and 4 sheets of paper. You decide what embellishments go with each number.

For my card, I used:

1 - stamp (The Blessing of Peace from I Brake for Stamps)
2 - die cuts (Labels 17 - Spellbinders, Holly Flourish - Cheery Lynn Designs from Classy Cards n Such)
3 - flowers (Wild Orchid Flowers from I Brake for Stamps)
4 - sheets of designer paper (Season's Greetings - Echo Park)

My background is a technique that I created called Collaged Circles. If you are a subscriber to the Technique Junkies newsletter, you can look up the tutorial to see how to create your own background. :-)


Isn't that a fun challenge? You could have all kinds of combinations. Why don't you give it a whirl? We'd love to see what you come up with! Check out what the other Belli Girls created over on the Belli Challenge blog and then share your creation(s) with us. :-)

When you go shopping at I Brake for Stamps, be sure to use this code - SAVE10HOLLY - to save 10% off your order. You can use this for your entire order, whether it is stamps, Wild Orchid flowers, 6x6 papers, or even Creative Inspirations Paints. Have fun shopping!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful, Holly!!!!! I looooove the background you created and what a gorgeous flourish diecut!!!!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful Holly!
I've seen this fun technique and have been wanting to try it! you did an awesome job with it, reminds me of a pretty Christmas quilt!
hugs & blessings

BarbaraW said...

Holly this card is gorgeous and so festive. I love your technique.

Robyn - injoystampin said...

Soooo cute Holly!!! Really nice card! :)

Hugs,
Robyn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I LOVE the DSP you used- and the swirls to frame the sentiment- gorgeous!!!

Robin Parker said...

Holly, wow this is a lot of work. Love the vines and the flowers. Great creation!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such an awesome card Holly-love your bg and the cherry lynn die-jsut got mine in the mail today-cant wait to use it

Karen W said...

I love this and I love this saying, I may have to see about ordering this.

joy said...

Wow! Do I ever love this card! I love the patterns and how you have shaded the sentiment mat!