Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Eureka - Fall theme Blog Hop

Welcome to the Eureka blog hop! Our theme this month is Fall and all the autumnal bounty it brings. If you have arrived here from Ceal's blog, you are on the right track. If not, please start at the Eureka blog so you don't miss any of the wonderful artwork today.

I found this gorgeous Pumpkins and Fence stamp in the Eureka store (2nd page in the Fall category) and I couldn't wait to color it up:




I decided to get back to basics and watercolor this image instead of playing with my Copic markers. I stamped the image on watercolor paper and used dye ink pads to color in the image. After it dried completely, I sponged the edges with a brown ink before matting it. The pumpkin cardstock has been distressed and manipulated into a Torn Frame (a TJ technique).

The sweet little orange flower is from the QKR Stampede store (a sister store to Eureka). I have the Orange Flowers 1 collection, but this sweet orange flower is in all four of the Orange Flowers collections. I cut some raffia and adhered it behind the flower, and then I added a button to the top.

I'm ready for the fall season after a long, record-breaking, HOT summer in Texas. Bring on the 75 degree temps, the falling leaves, the hay rides, and the cool crisp mornings!! :-)

I hope you've enjoyed my project today. Your next stop on this hop is Jessica's blog - have fun!


Stamps: Pumpkins and Fence (Eureka)
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, dye inks from SU
CS: watercolor paper, pumpkin, suede, mustard dp
Other: raffia, button, linen thread, aquapainter, distress tool, orange flower from QKR Stampede
TJ Technique: Torn Frames

11 comments:

Roxie said...

My goodness you have such nice taste in images...oh and it's what I used too.
Woderful coloring holly, a great layout and nice detail work too.

Ceal said...

great card Holly! I used that same image but colored mine with Copics

Dawnll said...

I am loving your use of this great image.

Kristie Maynard said...

Wonderful card! The coloring of this image is fabulous! Love how you distressed the paper, it works so perfectly with the fence and rustic kind of look. The flower and raffia are just the right touch.

Ali said...

I really like your image this card look absolutely delicious....

Scratch Card
Plastic card
Plastic card printing

Tina said...

This is beautiful!! Love the distressed edges and the raffia with the button and flower! Great design!

kyms kards said...

stunning colours

Carole S said...

I love watercolour, brilliant card, great art work and layout, love it, Carole. ;-)X

StacyC said...

Love the colors in this card. Nice job!

BarbaraW said...

Holly, this is so pretty. I love fall colors and images.

Create It Simply said...

Gorgeous! The images go perfectly with the raffia and the colors are so pretty! TFS!