Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

CAS442 Healing Thoughts


Kia has a wonderfully interesting CAS challenge for us this week - CAS442.  She wants us to go monochromatic with a little twist.  Basically, your design should be mostly black and white, except for a pop of color on just one element.  So if you had flowers and leaves stamped in black, you would only color the flowers or the leaves, not both.  Or you could go really bold and just color one flower, and leave all the rest of the flowers and leaves alone.  

I decided to try something a little different.  I printed this gorgeous digi from Power Poppy called Graceful Still Life onto some Xpress It Copic paper. Instead of coloring the flowers or the leaves, I decided to color those little balls in the center of the flowers.  I used a combo of yellow and green Copic markers to color in those balls (stamens??).  

I also used a couple of gray Copic markers to go inside and around the flowers and branches.  I've become more attentive with my coloring and light sources, and it's been an interesting journey to finally be able to lay down my shadows.  Can you see the shadows I was attempting to color? I went very subtle with the shadowing because I didn't want to overwhelm the delicate yellow/green balls.  

To finish off my card, I stamped the healing thoughts sentiment from Power Poppy's Nice Things to Say clear stamp set with Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Because I've used both a digi and a clear stamp set on this card, it qualifies for entry into this month's Mix and Match challenge over on the Power Poppy blog. 

Check out the CAS challenge this week and play along with us.  If you have Power Poppy stamps, check out their challenges over on their blog as well!  Have a great week!!



No comments: