Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mermaid Dreams on Oil Pastels




Hi folks!  We are in our hot days of summer here in Texas, and the temperatures are hovering around 100 every day now. I want to dive into the sea like this mermaid from Art Neko and cool off!

For this card, I was playing with some water soluble oil pastels. I scribbled some blue and green pastels onto watercolor paper, and then I dipped my fingers into water and blended the colors together. After the piece dried, I stamped this beautiful mermaid image from Art Neko's Mermaids and Ocean Life stamp set (A198) directly onto the oil pastels. I had never tried stamping on oil pastels before, so I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it worked! :-)

For the blue card base, I used Versamark to stamp the collection of seashells and starfish (also from the Mermaids and Ocean Life stamp set A198) in each of the four corners. This stamp is a perfect fit for stamping onto the corners of your cards. I cut out the mermaid piece with an oval die and matted it with a matching scallop oval. This oval fits beautifully inside the stamped corner frame.

The sentiment is also from the same Mermaids and Ocean Life stamp set A198. I stamped the sentiment onto white cardstock and cut it out with scissors. It is adhered with some foam tape to give the sentiment some dimension.

There are 36 stamps on this Mermaids and Ocean Life sheet A198 from Art Neko. That's a lot of stamps! This set has so many wonderful coordinating stamps all on one sheet for a great price. I love all the fish and the seashells as well as the variety of mermaids on this sheet. The "crab shack" stamp is awesome! I can't wait to use that one! Go check out the stamps at Art Neko by clicking on this link - Mermaids and Ocean Life A198.

Have a great week!


No comments: