Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Shimmery Watercolor Peacock card







I've saved the best for last, as this will be my last posting as a Guest Designer for Frantic Stamper. I have truly enjoyed my time as a guest designer, and I have loved playing with all the dies and stamps from Frantic Stamper. Fran is an AWESOME person to work for, and I thank her and Kathy for this wonderful opportunity.

The card I am posting today is my favorite from the four months of my term. It's shimmery (SO me!!), it has peacock feathers, and it has watercoloring on it!

I stamped the gorgeous new Peacock Feathers background with Versamark ink onto some hot press watercolor paper. I then covered it with gold embossing powder and melted the powder with a heat tool. I had a blast watercoloring the feathers with some Daniel Smith watercolors in shades of blue, green, and brown.

After the watercolor paint dried, I went over the whole thing with some shimmery Lemongrass Twinkling H2O. Just look at that gorgeous shimmer! Is it any wonder that this is my favorite card?

After the Twinkling H2O layer was completely dry, I adhered this to a brown card. I cut the Brush Script Thank You from the same brown cardstock and glued the sentiment down onto the peacock background.

B004 Peacock Feathers background stamp

No comments: