Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Springtime Flowers and EXCITING NEWS!!!


Hi friends!  I'm back with another watercolored Art Neko card today.  It got up to 85 degrees on Saturday, so it definitely feels like springtime around here.  

I pulled out the Spring in Paris (A407) stamp sheet and stamped the beautiful flowers randomly around the edges of my hot press watercolor paper with Versamark ink.  I covered that with white embossing powder and melted the powder with my heat tool.  I had just enough space in the middle for that beautiful sentiment (also from the Spring in Paris set), so I stamped that with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.

Next, I pulled out a couple of blue colors of Daniel Smith watercolor paint.  I watered the paint down to make a nice watercolor wash and I painted that over my paper, carefully avoiding the flowers.  I let this dry for about an hour, and then I went back over with another wash of blue paint.  I set this aside to dry completely.  Then I pulled out my Zig Clean Color markers and watercolored the flowers and the stems.  Those bright pink flowers just pop against that blue background.

Once the paper was completely dry, I burnished the white embossing with a tissue to remove any leftover paint.  I also sponged the edges with a blue dye ink before adhering this piece to a white card base.

I had so much fun painting this card, I sent a sneak peek of this to Annette at Art Neko.  She liked this so much, she turned my card into an ATC Collage Sheet!!!!!!!!  How exciting is that????  You can see the Spring Summer Collage Sheet HERE in the Art Neko store.  I love how she edited my card to remove the sentiment and put those watercolor blue blocks all over.  It has such a modern, artsy vibe to it!

I have some of these collage sheets on their way to me in the mail, and I can't wait to play with these!  All you have to do is cut these apart and use them on your projects just like regular patterned paper.  If you are an ATC trader, you can use these as backgrounds on your ATCs.  You can stamp the centers with a sentiment, add more flowers, add birds or butterflies, add a die cut, whatever you want to do.  There are so many possibilities!!  Go order your Spring Summer Collage Sheet today along with the beautiful Spring in Paris stamp sheet and have fun making some gorgeous art.  :-)




5 comments:

madameplushbottom said...

This is super exciting!!! Congratulations, Holly!

Ceal said...

Well deserved, your card is beautiful! Congratulations Holly!!!

Ellie said...

Yay, you!!!!

Bev Gerard said...

Beautiful card .. LOVE the blossoms surrounded in the watery blueness!
Congratulations, sweet Holly!! Very smart choice they've made to use your art for more than the lovely sample itself!!!!

(((hugs)))

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is beautiful, Holly, and the ATC sheets look awesome...Congrats!!!! You are a true artist!!!!