Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

Pink Watercolored Flowers


As promised, here is the card that I worked on last week.  I showed some sneak peeks of this on Facebook, and now you can see it in its entirety.  :-)

I embossed this gorgeous flower from Art Neko's Flowers and Whimsy sheet with clear embossing powder onto some Fabriano Studio Hot Press watercolor paper.  I then pulled out some Zig Clean Color markers and had a blast watercoloring these flowers.

I started with a pale blue around the edges of the flowers and leaves.  After I let it dry, I then added some deep green color to the edges of the leaves, and then I used a wet paintbrush to pull that color out to the rest of the area.  I love that splotchy, uneven-ness of watercoloring.  :-)  I waited again for the green ink to dry before starting in on the flowers.  I actually used a deep red color, but when I pulled the color out with a wet paintbrush, it turned into this vibrant pink color.  That was a fun surprise!  :-)

After the piece dried completely, I cut it down and matted it with some Garden Green cardstock.  I found this magenta ribbon that coordinated perfectly with my flowers, so I tied it around the bottom and then adhered this piece with some foam tape onto a Sahara Sand card base. 

The sentiment, from Art Neko's Friendship, Get Well, and Thank You's sheet, was stamped with Garden Green ink onto a scrap piece of the watercolor paper.  I cut it out with a circle die and then adhered it with foam tape next to the flowers.

Go check out the flowers and sentiments over at Art Neko.  I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the variety of stamps there.  :-)

I hope you have a wonderful week!


2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is absolutely stunning. Words cannot express enough just how beautiful it is. Good job Holly!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo gorgeous, Holly...your did a fantastic job with the watercoloring!!!