Monday, August 1, 2016

Buzzy Bee


Have you been playing in the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on SCS?  It's a week of stampy fun with tons of challenges.  This card is for one of the challenges from Day 1 (Saturday).  I can't tell y'all the details of the challenge - you have to go over there and see for yourself.  

I had a great time putting this one together.  I stamped all the hexagons in black ink and punched them out with a matching punch.  The bee was die cut and then stamped with the matching stamp in archival black ink.  Because I used the archival ink, I could not use Copic markers to color in the bee.  So I pulled out some Wild Honey distress ink, squooshed it onto my craft mat, and watercolored the little bee's body.  I used the same Wild Honey distress ink direct to paper and inked up some white cardstock for a background layer behind the hexagons.

I'm behind on the challenges because I didn't do any of them yesterday.  I was at my niece's baby shower and it was a wild and fun day.  I've got a lot of catching up to do!

No comments: