Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Girl in Orchid



Pantone has declared this to be the year of Radiant Orchid, and I had that color in my head when I colored this adorable Sarah Kay image called Winter Warmth.

I started by stamping this sweet Winter Warmth (Stampavie) onto white cardstock, and then I colored it with Copic markers. I then cut it out with an oval die and matted it with a white scallop oval. This image was adhered to a white card base with Joy Foam Pads.

I decided to go with a White on White technique from Technique Junkies, so I added the die cut Lace Corner Deco F (Cheery Lynn Designs) pieces in the corners. Some sweet little Baby Bling White Pearls were added to the lacy corner pieces.

I love these sweet Sarah Kay stamps. There's still a few of these left in the store, so check them out here and grab 'em while you can. :-)  Be sure to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order while you are shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #128 - Pretty in Purple
Open Minded Crafting #8 - Easter or Pastel Colors
Sister Act #52 - Anything Goes

EDITED TO ADD: The White on White technique can be found on the Emboss or Die CD from Technique Junkies.  http://techniquejunkies.com/emboss-or-die-cd.html  There are lots of wonderful techniques on the CD's from Technique Junkies.  To order your cd, look in the upper right side of my blog page.  You'll see a selection of CD's and the option to buy. :-)


12 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

How sweet!

Aluna said...

Elegant card. I like coloring the image. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges. Good Luck, Joanna DT

Karen said...

Your card is so fabulous Holly! I love the Sarah Kay image and your coloring her in purple, is perfect! I love how she stands out with all the white space around her! the die placements is terrific! Thanks for joining this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Good luck to you!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely card, Holly. I'm so glad Pantone picked the purple this year as I'm crazy for purple. Your white on white is truly effective. I never noticed the nice pearls you added when I looked at your card on the TJ group. Very nice.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Love the corners.. and the added pearls!!! What a cute image.. Love it!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

shulsart said...

Cute image and adorable card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

This is so peaceful and pretty, I love the sweet image and the steam coming from her cup! The Lace Corner Deco adds just the perfect touch here.

Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Holly. I really like your pretty card, but I'm so confused about the technique. I cannot find that one on the TJ alpha list or by month anywhere (I have an online subscription). I wanted to try it. Is it maybe under another name? Can you tell me the month/year issue? THANKS, Aimeslee Winans xoxo email: Aimeslee at gmail dot com

NanaConnie said...

Love that precious image, Holly! If something can be cute and elegant at the same time, this card certainly fits at the top of that category. :-D Thanks so much for playing along in our "Easter/ Pastel colors" challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun this fortnight and I hope we're going to see you again for the next challenge, too. Good luck in the draw.
NanConnie DT

kanatanewf said...

Beautiful. Love that pop of purple against the white. Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B

Crafting Vicky said...

Love the great white on white look for this card! Fabulous details and colors.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I have a great giveaway so don’t forget to join in  Crafting Vicky giveaway post 

Unknown said...

Great image and coloring! Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT