Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Flower Box Scene



Hi friends! Have you played in the Die Cuts challenge with us? I was inspired to pull out some dies from Memory Box, Poppystamps, and Impression Obsession to create this scene for y'all.

I started by stamping the Distressed Brick background (Impression Obsession) onto Kraft cardstock, and I lightly sponged the edges for a finished look. Next, I cut out the following:

Small Madison Window - Poppystamps
Small Madison Shutter - Poppystamps
Small Madison Flower Box - Poppystamps
Flower Mound - Memory Box
Leaf Cluster - Impression Obsession

I cut a small rectangle from the striped paper in The Lake House paper pad and glued it behind the window. This is the "wallpaper" that you see inside the "house" of the window you are looking through. I then adhered the window to the center of my stamped brick wall. The shutters were adhered to each side of the window. I applied some Joy Foam Pads to the Flower Box and adhered it at the bottom of the window.

The flowers were shaped with the stylus from the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and the Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat. I randomly glued down the leaves and the flowers behind the flower box. Some Baby Bling White Pearls were affixed to the centers of the larger flowers. This brick wall piece was adhered to a white layer and then to a pink card base.

These Memory Box and Poppystamps dies make it so easy to create fun scenes for your cards and scrapbook layouts! I had a wonderful time putting this card together, and I love the spring-time feel of this card!  Be sure to use this code, Holly-10, when you check out at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You'll save 10% off your entire order.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Ladybug Crafts - Here Comes Spring
4 Krafty Girlz #16 - Anything Goes
Crafting by designs - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter #154 - Spring is Here

7 comments:

Jean Bullock said...

Love, love, love, love ...LOVE this card. I am crazy about cards with windows on them and this one is just perfect. Love the brick background and the striped curtains and the dainty little flowers in the flower box. so Pretty.

NicoleDesigns said...

This is really cute... love the flowers and the window box... thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge.... xo Nikki

Cards By MI said...

Lovely looking card. Love the sweet flower box. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Shelter.
Love n hugs
Marie

Wendy L said...

This is so lovey, perfect for our challenge at Ladybug Crafts. I have candy if you are interested, thanks. xxx

Gail said...

This is totally adorable. I love what you did with this window and the window box. This just screams: SPRING to me! I love your background paper, too...perfect for a house. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week and hope to see more of your artwork soon!~ Hugs, Gail

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Holly your window box is so pretty and love the window with the stripey blind.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter, good luck! Susan x

verybellemakes said...

So pretty, love the flowers! Thank you for joining the Crafty Girls Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT