Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Daisy Glitter Stripes


Hi friends!  Happy New Year!!!!  I hope you all had a wonderful time watching the ball drop.  Unfortunately, I didn't last that long - my eyes were closed by 10:30pm on New Year's Eve!  LOL

The other day, I was itching to pull out some glitters and play, so here's what I came up with.  Isn't that fun?? I had such a blast making this card. First, I cut a layer of white cardstock and then laid down some strips of 1/4" wide Scor Tape. After I pulled off the protective papers, I remembered to turn my ceiling fan off BEFORE I opened the jar of glitter. LOL!! With the fan safely off, I opened the Misty Blue glitter and sprinkled it all over the exposed tape. I then did the Glitter Roll technique (6/11 issue) from Technique Junkies to make sure all my glitter was pressed down and then I shook off the excess glitter.

I stamped the sentiment from Anytime Sentiments (Impression Obsession) with black ink and then adhered this white glittery layer to a black card base. Next, I cut some white cardstock with the Shasta Daisy Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and adhered the layers of flower petals together. I glued a yellow button to the center and then glued the daisy down onto my card where the lines of glitter intersect.

Such a FUN card to make, I tell ya! I have a feeling I'm going to spend this weekend making more cards like this with different colors of glitter and different flowers and sentiments. Are you going to make a card similar to this one? I'd love to see what you create! :-)
I have some EXCITING news to share with you!!!!!  Be sure to check out the Classy Cards 'n Such blog on Monday.  Beverly, the owner, has decided to host some challenges and they are going to be fun!!!  So every Monday, stop by the Classy Cards 'n Such blog to see what the new challenge is, and then play along with us.  We'll have a great time!

I am happy to share this code, Holly-10, with you so you can start shopping and saving 10% off your orders at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Simply enter the code, Holly-10, when you check out and you'll save some money while buying some fun new supplies such as stamps, dies, glitters, embossing powders, Twinkling H2O's, and more.  Have fun!!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs - ebosser challenge
Die Cut Diva's - Make it Glitter
Creative Knockouts #18 - All that Glitters
Word Art Wednesday #113 - Anything Goes
Sparkle 'n Sprinkle - Anything Goes with flocking, embossing powder, and/or glitter

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The font on the sentiment is so lovely. Your glittering is A+. I thought you cut strips of glitter paper. Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation with us at Word Art Wednesday. I want to pray for ‘Multiplied Blessings’ including, but not limited to Peace, Prosperity and Health to you and your whole household during the 12 months in 2014.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

PetraB said...

Brilliant result with thr technique, the stamping gives it the finishing touch.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Holly! What a fabulous card. I love the deep blue sparkly stripes, and the sentiment is just perfect. THanks a bunch for sharing with us, and please stop by to play along in our challenge again real soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Dawn T said...

I love the simplicity of this one Holly. It is gorgeous. Thanks for entering into the challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love the clean lines on this card, and of course I love this technique too. Glad you turned off the ceiling fan. I see you joined in on challenges. You convinced me to do the same thing.

Arlene said...

Love the bling and such sparkle!

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous CAS card. Love the glittery blue stripes. So glad you joined us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

April said...

I love your clean and simple card, especially the glitter stripes! Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge this month!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What a pretty flower to showcase with those lovely glitter strips! Thanks so much for entering our New Years Celebration over at Cheery Lynn Designs!!!

All the best in 2014 to you and yours.

Glenda said...

Nothing like a little glitter to make me smile! Love your card!